(Sr.) Technician Upstream Viral Production Development
My client helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our
customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and
public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our
customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as
our new (Sr.) Technician Upstream Viral Production Development.
About the job
We are looking for a Technician Upstream Viral Production Development with experience in mammalian
cell culturing and viral vector development and production for our Operations department in Woburn,
Massachusetts, USA. As a Technician Upstream Viral Production Development you will be responsible for
the day-to-day laboratory operations, involving cell culture (adherent and suspension cells), virus
propagation related techniques, analyses such as plaque assays and PCR, and western blot.
You will join an enthousiastic group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. As
part of this group, your personal as well as your scientific growth are encouraged and developed. In this
position you will report to a scientist in the viral vector development department.
- Sc. Degree in life sciences;
- At least 2 years of experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment;
- Proven background in mammalian cell culturing and viral propagation and production;
- Experience with cell culture, for example in T-flask, roller-bottle and (disposable) bioreactor up to
- 10L scale;
- Knowledge of viral infection and virus propagation optimization;
- Experience of bioprocess development, process scale up and processtechnology transfer;
- Familiar with basic viral characterization assays, such as PFU, WB, PCR is a plus.