Research Assistant | THE JIANG LAB
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
We are seeking a highly motivated research assistant to join the CRISPR therapeutic laboratory (Jiang Lab) at Icahn School of Medicine. Our lab focuses on engineering advanced CRISPR tools to rewrite defective genomic DNA and further evolving them into next-generation gene therapy methods to correct untreatable human genetic diseases, including cystic fibrosis, mitochondrial disease, and liver cancer. More information about the Jiang lab can be found here: https://labs.icahn.mssm.edu/jianglab/. This position offers the candidate a great opportunity to work in an advanced and highly translational research field, participate in project-based research, as well authorships on the papers. This position offers the candidate a competitive salary, a great opportunity to work in an advanced and highly translational research field, participate in project-based research, as well authorships on the papers.
Qualified candidates are expected to perform:
- Molecular biology experiments, such as molecular cloning
- Cell culture, including immortalized cells and primary cells, and relevant cellular assays.
- Mouse colony maintenance and related in vivo experiments
- Help manage lab reagents and stocks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or a related scientific field.
- >6 months of laboratory experience.
- Good mathematics knowledge
- Strong background in molecular and cell biology.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Experiences with primary cell culture or cell electrophysiology assays will be preferred.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume and cover letter to Dr. Jiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)