Translational Researcher (M/F)
GENETHON is recruiting a Translational Researcher (M/F) on a permanent basis.
The Muscular Dystrophies laboratory at Genethon, headed by Dr. Isabelle Richard, is a leading laboratory in gene therapy for muscular dystrophies. We are looking for a motivated scientist with a background in genome editing to join our team. The successful candidate will play a central role in the team's efforts to translate genome editing to the clinic in muscle diseases.
If you are looking for a meaningful job and want to work with great colleagues using cutting-edge technologies, Genethon is the right place for you.
In the Muscular Dystrophies laboratory led by Dr. Isabelle Richard, you will design research projects that you will conduct in collaboration with various internal and external teams. In particular, you will be responsible for a Gene Editing platform for which you will play a role in coordination and animation.
In this position, your missions are the following:
In terms of research and scientific production, you:
- Design and manage research projects aimed at the design of innovative gene therapy strategies in the field of neuromuscular diseases with high added value for patients according to a rigorous methodology. The scientific quality of your work must be at the highest level of international competition. This work must lead to publication in the best scientific journals. It will also lead to patent applications whenever possible.
- Write research projects, regulatory documents, funding applications;
- Analyze, control and interpret the results
In terms of scientific valorization, you:
- Carry out a scientific and/or technical watch;
- Write study reports and scientific articles, particularly with a view to publication and/or patent filing;
- Create intellectual property by designing, developing and transmitting new and innovative methods and models;
- Present your results at internal scientific meetings and/or national and international scientific conferences and events;
- Build collaborations with public or private partners.
In terms of animation of the Gene Editing platform, you:
- Propose the best innovative genome editing strategies in the shared interest of the members of the Institute of Biotherapies;
- Coordinate the activity of the platform;
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the budget;
- Participate in the training and evaluation process of the team;
- Implement and maintain an effective communication process;
- Follow up the activities of the project group(s) for which you are responsible and report to the laboratory manager;
- Organize, coordinate and lead the necessary meetings;
- Anticipate technological changes and developments to be implemented.
With a PhD in Science, you have a successful 3-5 years experience as a Researcher in the field of gene editing, and you have international experience evidenced by a stay in a recognized laboratory abroad. Ideally, you have the “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches” (HDR).
You have the recognition of the scientific community thanks to your results, which have been published in patents and high-level publications.
You know how to spontaneously integrate all constraints and requirements related to the projects and the context.
You know how to translate the possible improvements of processes and programs.
You have a strong team spirit attitude and create the conditions for success and a collaborative climate conducive to the achievement of objectives.
You communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Some knowledge of the French language is a plus.
Knowledge of skeletal and/or cardiac muscle would be a plus.
To apply, please send your application on our website : https://genethon-recrute.talent-soft.com (CV, cover letter and reference letter(s)).
Post your next job opening on CMN and reach out to the global communities in gene editing, gene therapy and cell therapy - submit here (free posting in Q3 2021)